Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Painter's Doubts:
In June, I wrote to friends to ask for a second opinion...
"I'm stuck w/ this one. Take a critical look. There are many fresh passages, but I feel there are parts unfinished. Tell me what you think to compare what is on my mind.
I've not adjusted the tone to match original; It's a gray value darker than appearing here on my screen, but the colour match is good. You can see the difference when downloaded and view image thru Photoshop vs the browser."


Below are two states of the same painting




06/6 ~ Wisteria | 12" x 16" | watercolour

2 Comments:

Blogger Clive said...

Love both versions! Perhaps the second a bit better. Great to finally see your blog and look forward to seeing more posts.

10/31/2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger peter said...

Thank you for the comments. You are speaking about engaging the viewer. Beauty has attracted you and as you look further, you seek another level of engagement. I'll look for this kind of opportunity in future paintings; In my experience, multi-level engagement is easier to achieve in my design work. peter

12/19/2006 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home